Reporting to the Director, Ecommerce, eCommerce Buyer, ER is responsible for setting strategic direction and leading execution of eCommerce merchandising, working closely with offline merchandising team to select online products, conduct product presentation and product management online to meet customers’ expectation and drive the online sales.
- Develop online merchandising strategy and implementation plan to ensure online sales and margin budget as well as other company strategic objectives are met
- Work closely with the offline merchandising, pricing and replenishment teams to align online/offline merchandising strategy, pricing strategy, product promotion strategy, replenishment strategy, etc. to ensure best multichannel customer experience
- Work closely with the other e-commerce teams, in particular the Marketing, Operations, Site Merchandising, and Technology, to ensure products and promotional plans are executed effectively.
- Develop and manage overall merchandising, assortment, inventory and replenishment plans as well as the timeline for the launch new online categories to drive overall sales
- Develop e-commerce performance KPIs and track performance for the merchandising team
- Monitor, track and report on project progress pre-launch
- Focus on people development, building strong multichannel/online merchandising skills among the team
- Generate reports and perform analysis on product selection, sales, pricing, market reports, and other related data as required
- Assist Category Manager in product category review and analysis to ensure sales opportunities and profitability
- Share best practices and maintain knowledge of emerging trends through networks with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide assistance in establishing pricing guidelines and maintain sales plus gross profit expectations
- Negotiate and replenish products at competitive market price, while ensuring accurate delivery
- Understand stores’ needs and partner closely with local suppliers in sourcing new and seasonal products on a timely manner
- Create forecast for promotion
- Develop and maintain vendor partnership, programs, sponsorships, and in-store promotions
- Coordinate deliveries with vendor and store receivers, maintain optimal inventory and product quality
- Provide assistance to eCommerce in merchandising issue
- Provide assistance to operations specialists as required
- Provide assistance to ERO Merchandising Dept. as required
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the manager
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- 5 years‘ merchandising experience, ideally with both a traditional retailer and e-commerce operator (B2C).
- Interest, understanding and passion in merchandising and e-commerce, especially the B2C sector.
- Independent, creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic startup environment which cherish new ideas.
- Experience of project management
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm in delivering all the job responsibilities within the given timeline
- Strong technical knowledge of product categories, specification, pricing, including produce grading & standards, CFIA regulations and mandatory standards required
- Proven negotiation skills with sound business judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills, possess a good knowledge in Canadian trade practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is an asset
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft office programs)
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organization skills
Please inform T&T recruitment that you received this job posting through CPAC