Membership Service Assistant – Summer Student
Start Date: May 13th, 2019 (11 weeks)
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership and community organization with over 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licences, find employment, advance career, integrate in society, and develop leadership skills.
This is a support position that requires a strong ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. Some background administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profit experience is an asset. The Membership Service Assistant will report to Event Manager/Communication and Event Coordinator.
Work closely with members of the operation team to execute member service plans, assist all areas of member service and event, including but not limited to:
in developing and executing membership and community service programs and
- Provide staff support for the development and execution of training, professional development and networking events and programs
- recruiting and liaising with event exhibitors or participants
- producing event and marketing collateral
- coordinating volunteers
- Work some weekend hours
- All other tasks as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Post-Secondary program in Event Management, Business, Marketing or related field
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English
- Good computer skills;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Positive attitude and excellent attendance record
- Some experience in member service, event planning, or non-profits is an asset
- Photoshop and basic graphic designing skills preferred
- Must be out-going
Students must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com by May 3rd, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.