Program Assistant – Summer Student
Start Date: June 4th, 2018 (11 weeks)
CPAC (formerly Chinese Professionals Association of Canada) is a service provider as well as a membership and community organization with over 30,000 members of cross-cultural backgrounds. It has advocated for and served the internationally trained professionals community for over two decades, especially in helping them obtain licenses, find employment, advance their careers, integrate into society, and develop leadership skills.
The Program Assistant will be providing assistance with the execution, outreach, and promotion of CPAC’s 17th Annual Professionals Day Job Fair & Career Conference. This special event is designed to help internationally trained professionals gain job search skills through workshops and meet and network with employers across the GTA.
The position requires a significant ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, team-based work environment. Experience with special event planning, execution or marketing is an asset. The Program Assistant will report to the Professionals Day Project Manager.
Work closely with members of the Program team to assist in the execution of the Professionals Day event including:
- Assist with marketing outreach and liaison to community partners, employer’s volunteers and participants
- Assist with identifying and researching potential exhibitors
- Assist with the recruitment of event exhibitors, participants, and volunteers
- Assist with responding to inquiries via phone and email
- Providing administrative support to the Program team
- All other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Post-Secondary program in Event Management, Business, Marketing or a related field
- Fluency in English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solver with the proven ability to take the initiative
- Strong detail orientation
- Excellent research skills
- Proficiency with computer, internet marketing, and social media skills
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively as part of a dynamic team
- Experience with event planning, marketing, sales, or non-profits is an asset
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
*Foreign students are not eligible.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com by May 14, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.