Blockchain has been a red hot topic in the news lately, claiming it will lead to the fourth industrial revolution and possibly redefining the Internet and human society. The second seminar of the CPAC IT Division will on this new technology and include the following topics:
• What’s blockchain?
• How does it work – Core underlying technologies of blockchain
• Cases and applications of blockchain in banking industry
• Cases and applications of blockchain in financial services industry
• Cases and applications of blockchain in supply chain management and education
Speaker: Wenyan Qin is the founderand president of North American Blockchain Foundation (Canada) He isa leading blockchain technologies expert and has led and participated in many high profile projects including:
• Development of database of John Hancock Financial Service, one of the biggest insurance companies of USA
• Development of BMO’s real-time risk management engine VaR.
• IBM & SAP Service Integration Center – SAP and DB2 integration products and SAP DB2 global support
• Core development team member of database infrastructure development, and DB2 Kernel developmentand file handling systemat IBM Toronto lab
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018
Time: 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Venue: 4150 Finch Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1S 3T9 (additional parking available at the back of the building AND at 4040 Finch Av E)
To register for the seminar, please email including your phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is supported by the Government of Ontario