Sep 18, TORONTO – CPAC and CPAC Foundation invite members of the professional community to nominate candidates for the 2018 CPAC Professional Achievement Awards.We also invite students and young professionals to apply for the 3rd annual CPAC Young Achiever’s Award.
CPAC Professional Achievement Awards (PAA)
The CPAC Professional Achievement Awards were established in 2009 to recognize and celebrate the achievements of immigrant professionals who have achieved outstanding success and prominent status in a certain profession. Past recipients include scientist Kue Young, artist Chan Hon Goh and executive Kelvin Tran.
Candidates may include individuals who:
• Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of immigrant background; and
• Have made exceptional contributions in their profession or in a professional field outside their occupation.
Nominations are encouraged from all Canadian citizens and permanent residents, across all professions and across Canada.
Nominations must include the completed 2018 CPAC Professional Achievement Award Nomination Form included in the Achievement Award Nomination Package and a resume of the candidate.
CPAC Young Achiever’s Award (YAA)
Modeled after the established CPAC Professional Achievement Awards, CPAC will honour an outstanding young immigrant in Canada to celebrate their community or professional achievements and success locally or abroad. The award recognizes the individual’s work based on the positive impact on their peers, their profession/industry, the environment or society.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must be:
– a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who immigrated to Canada; and
– aged 29 years or younger
Eligible activities for consideration include:
– Professional or business successes
– Scientific or technological innovation
– Social entrepreneurship or social innovation
– Volunteerism, leadership or community involvement
– Applicant’s activities/accomplishments must have taken place within the last two years
– Academic grades are not an influencing factor
To apply, applicants must send in:
– the completed 2018 CPAC Young Achiever’s Award Application Form included in the Young Achiever’s Award Application Package;
– at least two reference letters;
– any supplementary materials like photos, videos or articles, awards/certificates that highlight your achievements; and
– a one-page letter explaining why you think you are qualified for the award
The nomination and application packages can be downloaded HERE and all the documents shall be submitted by October 31st, 2018 to email@example.com, Attention Achievement Awards Selection Committee.
Both Professional Achievement Awards and Young Achiever’s Award will be presented at the CPAC Annual Gala on Sunday, December 2nd, 2018, an event attended by local influencers, politicians, business executives, and community leaders. The award recipients will also gain media exposure through a variety of platforms.
If you have any questions regarding the PAA, YAA or the CPAC Annual Gala, please do not hesitate to contact Joe Yang, Manager of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 298-7885 ext. 120.