2017 CPAC Professional Achievement Award (PAA)
CPAC and CPAC Foundation invite members of the professional community to nominate candidates for the 2017 CPAC Professional Achievement Awards.
The CPAC Professional Achievement Awards were established in 2009 to recognize and celebrate the achievements of immigrant professionals who have achieved outstanding success and prominent status in a certain profession. Past recipients include scientist Kue Young, artist Chan Hon Goh and executive Kelvin Tran.
Candidates may include individuals who:
- Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of immigrant background
- Have made exceptional contributions in their profession in Canada, and/or
- Have made exceptional contributions in a field outside their occupation
Nominations are encouraged from all Canadian citizens and permanent residents, across all professions and across Canada.
Nominations must include the completed 2017 CPAC Professional Achievement Award Nomination Form and the resume of the candidate, and be submitted by September 29th, 2017 at 5 pm via:
Mail: CPAC, 4150 Finch Avenue East, Toronto, ON M1S 3T9
Attention: Professional Achievement Awards Selection Committee
The awards will be presented at the CPAC Annual Gala to be held on November 26, 2017 at the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel.
2017 CPAC Young Achiever’s Award (YAA)
CPAC and CPAC Foundation invite applications for the 2nd annual CPAC Young Achiever’s Award. Modeled after the established CPAC Professional Achievement Awards, CPAC will honour an outstanding young immigrant in Canada to celebrate his/her community or professional achievements and success locally or abroad. The award recognizes the individual’s work based on the positive impact on their peers, their profession/industry or on society.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must be:
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who immigrated to Canada
- aged 29 years or younger
Eligible activities for consideration include:
- Professional and business successes
- Scientific or technological innovation
- Social entrepreneurship or innovation
- Volunteerism, leadership or community involvement
- Applicant’s activities/accomplishments must have taken place within the last two years
- Academic grades are not an influencing factor
The award recipient will be presented the award alongside the Professional Achievement Awards at the CPAC Annual Gala on Sunday, November 26th, 2017. The award recipient will give a speech at the event attended by local influencers, politicians, business executives, and community leaders. The award recipient will also gain media exposure through a variety of platforms.
To apply, applicants must send in:
- the completed CPAC Young Achiever’s Award Application Form
- at least two reference letters
- any supplementary materials like photos, videos or articles, awards/certificates that highlight your achievements
- a one-page letter explaining why you think you are qualified for the award
Please submit all applications to email@example.com no later than October 25th, 2017 at 5pm.
For enquiries, please contact:
Manager of Operations
Tel: 416-298-0068 Ext. 120