Executive Assistant to the Assistant Deputy Minister
Have you been waiting for a position that will present you with different challenges each and every day? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high-profile environment?
If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of International Trade where you will provide executive support, analysis and advisory services on strategic planning, policy development and operational implementation to the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM).
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide expertise, executive advice and support to the ADM on operational, administrative and procedural matters and issues affecting the Division
• Work with senior executive and colleagues across the ministry and provide guidance and support other senior divisional staff on operational priorities and directions of the Division
• Coordinate corporate initiatives and programs on behalf of the ADM and act as liaison between the Minister’s, Deputy Minister’s, and other Divisional and Agency offices, Central Agencies and divisional branches to manage and resolve urgent and sensitive matters and issues
• Review briefing materials, submissions, correspondence and responses
• Lead special projects to support Ministry or Division-wide business initiatives
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Project Management Skills:
- You have demonstrated leadership skills to provide guidance and direction to staff
• You can provide guidance on resource management issues across the Division
• You have demonstrated knowledge of project management and change management principles and methodologies to manage the delivery of program plans, initiatives and goals
• You can manage contentious issues and priorities and lead special projects
Communication, Relationship Management and Consultation Skills:
- You can consult and brief division management on a wide range of policy, operational and service matters
• You can prepare a variety of materials, including briefing notes, responses to inquiries and presentations
• You can represent the ADM/Senior Executive and the division on committees, tasks forces and special projects
• You are able to collaborate with senior executives in agencies, board and commissions to discuss matters, influence and negotiate next steps
• You are able to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to exchange information, discuss issues and address matters
Analytical Thinking, Research and Problem Solving Skills:
- You can assess and handle contentious, confidential and sensitive issues, identifying nature and complexity of issues
• You can identify, research, analyze operational and/or policy issues at the divisional and ministry level
• You are able to research and analyze a wide variety of divisional program and service management issues, including sensitive employee relations issues
• You are able to analyze, formulate and provide strategic advice to divisional executive team
Planning and Coordinating Skills:
- You can design, coordinate, plan and implement a variety of divisional processes for monitoring and reporting on initiatives, status of deliverables and outcomes, operations and services
• You can ensure integration and coordination with other offices and program areas when formulating a response to various issues and requests for action
• You can plan projects, scope work requirements, coordinate with other areas of division, ministry and across ministries
• You are able to coordinate meetings related to services issues and initiatives with external and internal stakeholders, partners and consultants, and coordinate divisional issues management processes
Salary Range: $79,720 – $115,869 per year
- 1 Permanent, 655 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please note: this position will be relocating to 777 Bay St., Toronto as of April 23, 2018
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, April 17, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 121938 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.