Manager, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program: Operations Team 2
What you’ll be doing
Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your leadership skills? Do you want to make a real difference in people’s lives while helping to strengthen Ontario’s economy? Then come join our team of extraordinary professionals at the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration’s Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. We are looking for an experienced leader to manage the operations and delivery of Ontario’s provincial nominee program.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is an economic immigration program operated by the province of Ontario in partnership with the federal government through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The OINP assesses applications from foreign nationals, living in Canada or abroad, who expressly wish to live and work in Ontario and selects (or ‘nominates’) successful applicants for permanent residence. Individuals nominated by the OINP can then apply for permanent residence through IRCC. The federal government provides the province with a nomination allocation for each calendar year.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- You will be one of two managers responsible for the operation and delivery of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. The OINP Delivery Branch consists of two operations units which mirror each other in structure and role.
• You will foster continuous improvement through operational reviews and program evaluations.
• You will coordinate the development of operational guidelines and policies to ensure consistency, transparency and accountability in the delivery of the program.
• You will lead workforce planning and capacity building to achieve program objectives, targets and priorities.
• You will provide advice and expertise on operational planning and strategic direction to senior management and the Minister’s office.
• You will build and foster a model of customer service excellence.
• You will cultivate a positive, inclusive and respectful workplace.
How do I qualify?
Management and Leadership Skills:
- You have demonstrated management and leadership skills to develop, build and lead the organization by modelling integrity, accountability and transparency.
• You have demonstrated leadership in creating and fostering a positive and inclusive work environment through inspired and motivated teams.
• You have knowledge of human resources principles, theories and collective agreements to develop organizational capacity, including succession planning, talent management, organization and job design, and labour relations management.
Communication, Stakeholder Relations and Consultation Skills:
- You can advise ministry senior management and executives on program performance, operational policy, and issues management to improve program effectiveness.
• You are able to build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and lead partnership negotiations and consultations to deliver on program priorities and manage operational issues.
• You can lead efforts with staff and stakeholders to develop a model of customer service excellence.
Program Delivery Knowledge:
- You have knowledge of the theories and practices related to program design and development to manage the implementation and evaluation of program delivery and operational models.
• You can lead workforce planning and process mapping to maximize efficiencies in the delivery of operations-based programs.
• You can balance the achievement of program targets with quality assurance and program integrity.
• You are able to monitor and assess program performance and productivity, evaluate trends and directions, and develop operational policy options for program improvement.
Analytical Thinking Skills:
- You can analyze critical program issues to identify potential risks to ministry/government priorities and lead the development of mitigation strategies, issues management and communications.
• You have knowledge of program evaluation methods to lead the development of change management strategies to set strategic directions for future program delivery.
• You can anticipate and identify program and operational issues, and provide strategic and evidence-based advice to senior executives on potential risks and mitigation strategies.
Project Management and Operational Planning Skills:
- You have demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and methodologies to oversee and guide the overall delivery of program objectives and government priorities.
• You can lead and manage multi-year strategic business, program and service plans, including the deployment of resources to deliver programs and services.
• You can plan and coordinate multiple deliverables with external and internal stakeholders, partners and consultants.
Why join the team
At the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, we are contributing to Ontario’s economy by selecting economic immigrants who have the skills and experience to meet Ontario’s labour market needs and assist employers in recruiting and retaining international talent.
We embrace diversity and inclusion. We value innovation and creativity. Our strength is our people. Learn more about us at: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Salary Range: $90,348 – $127,343 per year
- 1 Permanent, 400 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, Enhanced – Name-Based Criminal Record Check and Local Police Record Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, May 18, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 121895 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.